How do I play a DVD on my ASUS external hard drive?
Click “Start,” the “Computer” or “My Computer,” and double-click the removable device icon. A window opens displaying all the files currently saved to the drive. Double-click the DVD movie player you just installed to open it. The program will detect your DVD movie and play it from the external hard drive.
How do I open the DVD drive on my ASUS laptop?
[Notebook] Troubleshooting – How to fix CD/DVD drive problems
- Type and search [File Explorer] in the Windows search bar①, then click on [Open]②.
- In the File Explorer window, click on [This PC]③.
- In the This PC window, select for the [disc drive that is stuck] and right-click the icon④, then click on [Eject]⑤.
Why won’t my Asus laptop play dvds?
If your ASUS computer still fails to recognize or play your DVD movie, try installing the latest OS updates on your machine. Microsoft regularly releases updates to Windows 10 computers in order to improve the OS stability and fix various issues, including DVD rendering bugs.
How do I find a CD-ROM on my laptop?
Microsoft Windows users Open System Information. In the System Information window, click the + symbol next to Components. If you see “CD-ROM,” click it once to display the CD-ROM in the left window. Otherwise, click “+” next to “Multimedia” and then click “CD-ROM” to see the CD-ROM information in the left window.
How do I get my external DVD player to work?
How to Use an External DVD Burner on a Laptop
- Unpack your DVD burner and set it next to your laptop.
- Find the USB port on your DVD burner.
- Find the USB connection on your computer.
- Plug your DVD burner into the wall, turn it on, and boot up your computer.
How do I know if my DVD ROM is working?
If not, refer to the Dell Knowledge Base article Optical Drive is not recognized in Windows.
- Press the Windows key + R to open the Run dialog box.
- In the Run dialog box, type devmgmt. msc then press the Enter key.
- In the Device Manager window, expand DVD/CD-ROM drives. Verify that the optical drive is listed.
How do I replace the drive tray on my Asus dvd-e616p1?
When the drive tray ejects out of the drive, place the disc on the tray with the label (printed) side up. ASUS DVD-E616P1 User Manual 17 3. Press the drive eject button or lightly push the center of the drive tray to replace the tray inside the drive.
Where can I download from Asus download site?
There are 3 download servers available on ASUS Download Site – Global, China and P2P. Each server provides exact the same content no matter where you download from, except for the speed which you are connected to. Products certified by the Federal Communications Commission and Industry Canada will be distributed in the United States and Canada.
How many download servers are available on Asus download site?
Quickly access your product support. Need Help? There are 3 download servers available on ASUS Download Site – Global, China and P2P. Each server provides exact the same content no matter where you download from, except for the speed which you are connected to.