How do I search in Apple Mail?
Search for text in an email
- From a mailbox, swipe down to reveal the search field.
- Tap the search field, then type the text you’re looking for.
- Choose between searching all mailboxes or the current mailbox above the results list.
- Tap search, then tap an email in the results list to read it.
Why can’t I search in my Mac Mail?
Mail may be excluded from Spotlight searching. To check, choose Apple menu > System Preferences, click Spotlight , then click Search Results. If the Mail & Messages checkbox isn’t already selected, select it. The Mail folder (located in your home Library folder) may be excluded from Spotlight searching.
Where is the search box in Mail?
Search email Select the search bar, located above the Outlook ribbon. Type a name, subject, or phrase which is included in the email message that you want to find. You can use quotation marks around a phase to search on words in that exact order.
Why does search not work on Iphone Mail?
Close Activity Monitor and relaunch the Mail app. You can properly relaunch the app by control pressing on the Mail icon and pressing on Quit. Relaunch the Mail app again and check if the Mail Search is functioning properly now.
Why can’t I search for emails on my Iphone?
If the issue persists, open Settings > Mail > Siri & Search, then disabled any settings you see there. Restart your device, then enable those settings again to see if the issue continues.
How do I search all folders in Apple Mail?
If you want to see the path of the mailbox in the finder window, open a finder window and go to your user library and select the Mail folder. Type the mailbox name in the search field and look for the folder to appear in the list.
How do I search for old emails on my iPhone?
How to Search Emails in iOS Mail App
- Open the Mail app on the iPhone or iPad.
- From the primary inbox view, swipe or pull down on a message, this will reveal the hidden “Search” box.
- Tap into the “Search” field.
- Type in the Search box a name, email address, term, phrase, word, date, to search emails for matches.
How do I improve email search on Mac?
Fix: Apple Mail Search Has Stopped Working
- Log Out, Restart Your Mac or Use Safe Mode. Close the Mail app, launch it again and log out of your account.
- Use the Shift Key.
- Manually Select Your Emails.
- Rebuild Your Mailboxes.
- Reinstall the OS.
- Rebuild Your Mail and Spotlight Indexes.
- Do a SMC Reset.
- Additional Solutions.
How do you reindex on a Mac?
Choose Apple menu > System Preferences, then click Spotlight. Click the Privacy tab. Drag the disk or folder that you want to re-index to the list of locations that Spotlight is prevented from searching in. Or click the add button (+) and select the disk or folder to add.
How do I do an advanced search in Mac Mail?
Use Advanced Query Search (AQS) to refine your search results. In the search box, type an AQS keyword from the table below, followed by a colon and what you want to search for. For example, to find messages with a subject that contains “report,” enter subject:report in the Search box. Searches the From field.
How do I get the search bar back on my Mac?
1) On the Mac menu bar, click the looking glass (Spotlight) icon. 2) Click and drag the Spotlight search bar to wherever you want to place it. 3) To bring it back to its default position, click and hold on the Spotlight icon for a few seconds.