How do you make your own Liferay theme?
Creating a Theme Project from Liferay IDE
- Go to File → New → Liferay Project.
- Fill in the Project name and Display name fields.
- Select the Liferay Plugins SDK and Portal Runtime you’ve configured.
- Select Theme for your Plugin type.
- Click Next.
- Select a theme parent.
- Select your theme’s framework.
- Click Finish.
What is Liferay theme?
Which Liferay theme generator command will create a new layout template?
Creating a Layout Template with the Layouts Sub-generator. Follow these steps to create a layout template: Open the Command Line and navigate to the directory you want to create your layout template in. Run yo liferay-theme:layout to start the layouts sub-generator.
How do you make a theme on Liferay 7?
- Install Node.
- Use npm to install Yeoman and gulp: npm install -g yo.
- Install the Liferay Theme Generator.
- The generator uses node-sass.
- Run the generator and follow the prompts to create your theme: yo liferay-theme.
- Navigate to your theme folder and run gulp deploy to deploy your new theme to the server.
What are the important files in Liferay theme?
- _clay_custom. scss. Used for Clay custom styles, i.e. styles for a third party Bootstrap theme.
- _clay_variables. scss. Used to store custom Sass variables.
- _custom. scss. Used for custom CSS styles.
- _liferay_variables_custom. scss.
- init_custom. ftl.
- navigation. ftl.
- portal_normal. ftl.
- portal_pop_up. ftl.
How do you make a theme for Liferay DXP?
To create themes for DXP 7.0 or 7.1, install version 8….Running the Liferay Theme Generator
- Run the Liferay Theme Generator using Yeoman:
- Type a name for your theme at the prompt.
- Type an ID for your theme at the prompt.
- Use the arrow keys to select the version of Liferay DXP to build the theme for at the prompt.
How do I create a layout template in Liferay?
Creating Layout Templates
- Open the Command Line and navigate to the folder you want to create your layout template in.
- Run The Layouts sub-generator and follow the prompts to create your layout: `yo liferay-theme:layout`
- Run gulp deploy to deploy your layout template to the server you specified.
What is the Liferay theme generator?
The Liferay Theme Generator is an easy-to-use command-line wizard that streamlines the theme creation process. It is independent of the Liferay Plugins SDK, and generates themes for Liferay Portal 6.2, Liferay DXP 7.0, and up. It is just one of Liferay JS Theme Toolkit.
What are theme references?
A reference theme can be any point, line, or polygon theme that contains the necessary address fields. Each address component (such as street name, address range, street prefix, and street type) is stored as a separate field. The address fields can be contained in the reference theme itself or in a table joined to it.
How do I create a LayOut template?
Creating a Template in LayOut
- Select File > Save As Template. The Save As Template dialog box appears.
- In the Template Name box, give your template a name.
- In the Template Folder area, navigate to the folder where you want to save your template.
- Click the OK button.
- Click the Save button.
What are the use of themes and layout?
A Theme provides the overall look and feel for a site. Understanding the page layout is crucial to targeting the correct markup for styling, organizing your content, and creating your site.