What is a meaning of cumbersome?
Definition of cumbersome 1 : unwieldy because of heaviness and bulk a cumbersome package. 2 : slow-moving : ponderous cumbersome administrative procedures. 3 dialect : burdensome, troublesome.
What are Synonyms for cumbersome?
synonyms for cumbersome
Does cumbersome mean difficult?
The definition of cumbersome is something that is difficult to deal with or handle because of its size or weight. An example of cumbersome is a heavy, unevenly weighted television. Hard, difficult, demanding to handle or get around with.
How do you use cumbersome in a sentence?
Cumbersome sentence example
- The large lockers were cumbersome and heavy.
- This is going to be a lot more cumbersome than my usual costume.
- While it was feasible, Quinn’s equipment was cumbersome and there were the ever present problem of absolute quiet, not to mention the security issue.
Does cumbersome mean annoying?
difficult and annoying to use.
What type of word is cumbersome?
What type of word is cumbersome? As detailed above, ‘cumbersome’ is an adjective. Adjective usage: Cumbersome machines can endanger operators and slow down production.
What is the origin of cumbersome?
c. 1300, cumbren, combren, “to overthrow, destroy, probably a shortening of acombren “obstructing progress,” from Old French encombrer, from combre “obstruction, barrier,” from Vulgar Latin. The likely roots are PIE *kom (see com-) and *bher- (1) “to carry,” also “to bear children.”
What is the synonym and antonym of cumbersome?
adjective. ( ˈkʌmbɝsəm) Not elegant or graceful in expression. Antonyms. felicitous competent adroit graceful skilled infelicity happy. inept clumsy infelicitous ill-chosen awkward.
How do you use capricious in a sentence?
Capricious sentence example
- But Henry, despite a violent and capricious temper, had a strong taste for the work of a legislator and administrator.
- By this arrangement the capricious divisions of some books is avoided.
- I try to use a careful choice of words with people that have shown capricious behavior.
What does cumbersome mean in the Constitution?
Cumbersome, as used in W.S. 16‐3‐103(h), means any document over ten (10) pages.
What part of speech is the word cumbersome?
How do you use egregious in a sentence?
Egregious Sentence Examples It was the most egregious act the government has ever perpetrated. The egregious mistake these couples made was not spending enough time seriously planning for a lifetime together in marriage. It was an egregious example of data mining.