What words go with con?
14-letter words that start with con
What is the Latin root for con?
word-forming element meaning “together, with,” sometimes merely intensive; it is the form of com- used in Latin before consonants except -b-, -p-, -l-, -m-, or -r-. In native English formations (such as costar), co- tends to be used where Latin would use con-.
What words have con in it?
What is the synonym for con?
In this page you can discover 85 synonyms, antonyms, idiomatic expressions, and related words for con, like: hustle, honesty, scam, dupe, mislead, master, be honest, confidence, cheat, game and fraud.
What words start with Cond?
7-letter words that start with cond
What is con sentence?
1. This so-called bargain is just a con! 2. He’s a real con artist .
What word is con?
Definition of con (Entry 2 of 12) transitive verb. 1 : swindle accused of conning retirees out of their savings. 2 : manipulate sense 2b He conned his way into the job. 3 : persuade, cajole conned her into volunteering.
What are antonyms for con?
What is the opposite of con?
Is con A Scrabble word?
Yes, con is a valid Scrabble word.
Is cond a Scrabble word?
Yes, cond is a valid Scrabble word.
What is the meaning of Cond?
Cond may refer to: Condition number, in numerical analysis. cond , a conditional expression in LISP. Cond, a variant spelling of conn, to control a ship’s movements at sea.
Is con A prefix?
The prefix con-, which means “with” or “thoroughly,” appears in numerous English vocabulary words, for example: connect, consensus, and conclude.
How do I use con in a sentence?
Con in a Sentence 🔉
- The traveling salesman made good on his promise to con every housewife in the neighborhood.
- Inmates tried to con the novice guard into bringing in contraband.
- Since he could not con the clerk into giving him jewelry, the swindler had to think of a new plan.
What are some words with the root word con?
root words for com, con, col, cor. Terms in this set (17) coherent. having an orderly relation of parts. collaborate. to labor together. collusion. a secret agreement between two or more persons for a deceitful purpose. commensurate.
What does the root word con mean?
word-forming element meaning “together, with,” sometimes merely intensive; it is the form of com- used in Latin before consonants except -b-, -p-, -l-, -m-, or -r-. In native English formations (such as costar ), co- tends to be used where Latin would use con-.
What are some words that start with Con?
Some of the words that start with “con” are,
What is the root meaning of Con?
– connect: link ‘with’ another – convene: come together ‘with’ others – congregate: flock ‘with’ others – consensus: feeling ‘with’ others – concord: heart ‘with’ another – conclude: ‘thoroughly’ close – convince: ‘thoroughly’ win over – consequence: effect which ‘thoroughly’ follows – concede: ‘thoroughly’ yield – concise: ‘thoroughly’ cut