How do I enable drop down menus in Excel?
Create a drop-down list
- Select the cells that you want to contain the lists.
- On the ribbon, click DATA > Data Validation.
- In the dialog, set Allow to List.
- Click in Source, type the text or numbers (separated by commas, for a comma-delimited list) that you want in your drop-down list, and click OK.
How do you make a list box in Excel 2013?
Add a list box or combo box to a worksheet in Excel
- Create a list of items that you want to displayed in your list box like in this picture.
- Click Developer > Insert.
- Under Form Controls, click List box (Form Control).
- Click the cell where you want to create the list box.
How do I create a multiple choice drop-down list in Excel 2013?
Go to Data –> Data Tools –> Data Validation. In the Data Validation dialogue box, within the settings tab, select ‘List’ as Validation Criteria. In Source field, select the cells which have the items that you want in the drop down. Click OK.
Where is the Tools menu in Excel 2013?
Click the Menus tab to experience the classic style interface and find the Tools menu easily. Click the arrow next to the Tools to access the familiar functions from the dropdown menu.
How do I create a drop-down list in Excel and show different values?
How to create drop down list but show different values in Excel?
- Create drop down list but show different value in drop down list cell.
- Create a range name for the cell values you want to use in the drop down list, in this example, I will enter the name dropdown in the Name Box, and then press Enter key, see screenshot:
How do I create a multiple drop-down selection in Excel?
To create the drop-down list:
- Select the cell or cells you want the drop-down list to appear in.
- Click on the Data tab on Excel’s ribbon.
- Click on the Data Validation button in the Data Tools group.
- In the Data Validation dialog, in the Allow: list select List.
- Click in the Source: box.
How do you create a drop-down menu in sheets?
Create a drop-down list
- Open a spreadsheet in Google Sheets.
- Select the cell or cells where you want to create a drop-down list.
- Click Data.
- Next to “Criteria,” choose an option:
- The cells will have a Down arrow.
- If you enter data in a cell that doesn’t match an item on the list, you’ll see a warning.
- Click Save.
How do I edit a drop-down list in Excel with multiple selections?
On the worksheet where you applied the drop-down list, select a cell that has the drop-down list. Go to Data > Data Validation. On the Settings tab, click in the Source box, and then change your list items as needed. Each item should be separated by a comma, with no spaces in between like this: Yes,No,Maybe.
Where is Developer tab Excel 2013?
The Developer tab isn’t displayed by default, but you can add it to the ribbon. On the File tab, go to Options > Customize Ribbon. Under Customize the Ribbon and under Main Tabs, select the Developer check box.
Does Excel 2013 have Developer tab?
The Developer tab is available in all versions of Excel 2007, Excel 2010, Excel 2013, Excel 2016, Excel 2019, and Office 365.
Why does drop down menu disappear in Excel?
This appears to be a bug in some versions of excel. If you used the camera tool, then if the input cells of the camera tool object (the linked cells) are on a different worksheet as the data validation dropdown enabled cells, the dropdown arrows go missing.
Where can I find the drop down list in Excel?
Go to Data > Data Validation. On the Settings tab, click in the Source box, and then on the worksheet that has the entries for your drop-down list, Select cell contents in Excel containing those entries. You’ll see the list range in the Source box change as you select.
How do you create a drop-down list in Google Docs?
Insert a Drop-Down List in Google Docs
- Place the cursor where you want the drop-down list to appear.
- From the top menu, click Insert > Dropdown.
- Choose a preset option, or click “New Dropdown” to start building a custom list.
How do I enable options in Excel?
All of Microsoft Excel’s settings are accessible in the one dialog box, Excel Options. You can access this dialog box by clicking on the File tab and clicking on Options. The Excel Options dialog box provides a list of setting categories (down the left-hand side) that you can click on to access the related settings.
How do you make a drop down menu in Excel?
Go to the “Data” tab. This step is easy!
How to create drop down menu Excel?
Create the list for the dropdown
How to create a drop-down menu in Excel?
In your Excel workbook,select the cells that you want to apply the drop down menu to.
How to create drop down buttons in Excel?
Go to the Data tab.