How do I group fields in crystal report?
Table of Contents
- Select Insert, Group from the menu bar.
- Select the field to group the data by from the top drop-down list.
- Select the sort direction from the second drop-down list.
- Mark the Customize Group Name Field (only available in Crystal Reports 8.5) checkbox to show a different value in the group header.
- Click OK.
How do you show data in tabular format in Crystal Report?
- Go to Insert > Cross-Tab.
- Place the Cross-Tab in the Report Header or Footer section.
- Right-click on the Cross-Tab object and select Cross-Tab Expert.
- Add the appropriate fields to the Columns, Rows, and Summarized Fields boxes.
- Go to the Style and Customized Style tabs to add any additional formatting.
- Click OK.
What is use of group in Crystal report?
Grouping by More than One Field Data will be grouped by that field first. The next field that you select to group by will be the secondary grouping. In other words, Crystal Reports will group your data by the first field you select for grouping, then it will group your data by the second field you select for grouping.
What is an OLAP grid in Crystal Reports?
OLAP is an analysis-oriented technology that enables rapid analysis of large sets of aggregated data. Instead of representing information in the common two-dimensional row and column format of traditional relational databases, OLAP databases store their aggregated data in logical structures called cubes.
How do you display data horizontally in Crystal Reports?
Horizontal Representation of Data -Format With Multiple Columns (Crystal Reports -2008)
- Place the Data Field at the Detail Section.
- Go to Section Expert and select the Detail Section.
- Choose Format with Multiple Columns from the list of options available at the Common Tab.
How do I edit a group in Crystal Reports?
How to change group in a Crystal report
- Right-click on the Group Header section.
- Select Change Group.
- Select the new field from the first drop down list.
- Click OK.
- Refresh the report.
How do you display data horizontally?
Select the “Layout” tab. Enter a Width for the Detail Size. Enter a Horizontal value for Gap Between Details. Select the OK button at the bottom of the Section Expert dialog box.
How do I add a horizontal line in Crystal Report?
Go to Insert->Line and draw the horizontal line where you want it….I would suggest the following in the IDE:
- right-click the field and select Format Field…
- select the Border tab.
- Set the Top and Bottom properties to ‘Double’
- Exit and save changes as you go.