How do you make a 2D sketch in SolidWorks?
How to make a 2D drawing in SOLIDWORKS
- If the part/assembly is open, select Make Drawing from Part/Assembly in the New flyout menu.
- Select Drawing to use a default template.
- Click OK.
- Select a sheet size and format.
- Select a standard view orientation.
- Begin a SOLIDWORKS 2D drawing.
Is SolidWorks good for 2D drawing?
SolidWorks is a 3D CAD tool created by Dassault Systèmes, and it’s the industry standard for 3D CAD. Although it does have tools for 2D drafting, you’re not meant to draw 2D views from scratch. The program doesn’t have the optimal tools for it.
How do I import a 2D drawing into SolidWorks?
Importing Drawings into Part Documents
- Open the drawing (. dwg or .
- In the DXF/DWG Import dialog box, select Import to a new part and click Next.
- On the Drawing Layer Mapping tab, edit the sheet name and click Next.
- On the Document Settings tab, select Import this sheet and to a 2D sketch.
- Click Finish.
How do I show a 2D dimension in SolidWorks?
In your FeatureManager Tree, right-click on the Annotations folder and select Show Feature Dimensions. This will make all the dimensions from the features appear around the part in the design space.
What is required to create a new 2D sketch?
To Create and Edit Sketches
- To create a sketch in a part or assembly file, do one of the following: On the 3D Model tab, click Start 2D Sketch or Start 3D Sketch . Right-click in the browser and choose New Sketch or New 3D Sketch.
- To create a sketch in a drawing file, click Place Views tab > Start Sketch .
Which is harder SOLIDWORKS or AutoCAD?
If a complete novice were to consider both programs, AutoCAD is the easier program to use, and then with a basic understanding of 2D drafting the user could progress to 3D modeling and more complex designs that would include multiple parts, assemblies and animations.
How do you show drawing sketch in SOLIDWORKS?
To show a sketch in a drawing: Right-click the sketch in the FeatureManager design tree and select Show. The sketch entities highlight in the graphics area when you point over the sketch name in the FeatureManager design tree.
How do I import a sketch dimension in SOLIDWORKS?
Use menu items:
- Click Insert > Drawing View > Model.
- In the Model View PropertyManager, under Part/Assembly to Insert, click Browse, select the part containing DimXpert dimensions, and click .
- Under Orientation, select the views to import.
- Under Import options, select Import annotations and DimXpert annotations.
Do engineers use AutoCAD or Solidworks?
|Architectural and construction design||AutoCAD|
|Civil and structural engineering||AutoCAD|
|Mechanical and industrial engineering||Either, depending on toolkit needs|
|Electronic, electrical and technology design||SolidWorks|