How do you use EZ decon Pixinsight?
The Basic Steps to Running EZ-Deconvolution
- Create some Previews on your main image.
- Run the EZ-Decon Script. Expand the script panel to fill your screen. Add a good preview under the master image.
- Create your Star Mask. Press “New Processed Star Map”
- Create your Background Mask. Press “Create Background Mask”
How do you sharpen Pixinsight?
Simply select a larger value for Layers to target layers above Layer 4 individually. For Layers 2 and 3, I simply select each layer and on doing so, I set a value of 0.100 on Bias for both. Keep in mind values smaller than 0 will actually blur these pixel scales and values larger than 0 will sharpen them.
What is deconvolution in astrophotography?
Deconvolution is the process of removing the blurring to enhance the amount of detail that can be seen. The imperfections are inferred from a “point spread function” – a mathematical description of the blurring, which can be determined from stars in the image.
How do I add EZ processing suite to PixInsight?
- Open SCRIPT.
- Click on Feature Scripts.
- Click on Add.
- Navigate to where the scripts folder is located (PixInsight/src/scripts)
- Click on the scripts folder and then click the Select Folder button.
- After additional scripts are found, click OK.
- The EZ Processing Suite should now be visible when SCRIPT is opened.
How do I install PixInsight scripts?
To add a script to the menu, choose Scripts > Feature Scripts… > Add. Select the folder contain the script. You can just search for it in the menu, or alternatively open the script in the editor and look for the “#feature-id” line.
How do I stop walking noise astrophotography?
The two best methods for eliminating walking noise are to get your polar alignment 100% right and to use dithering. I don’t dither yet, so in cases where I’ve had walking noise (thanks to bumped mount, for example), I simply gather more data and use kappa sigma clipping when stacking.
How do you reduce Stars in PixInsight?
Reducing star sizes effectively debloats stars by pinching them inwards with an appropriate mask. This technique has been documented by Rogelio Bernal Andreo before.
How do I add StarNet to PixInsight?
How to Install and use Starnet 2 for PixInsight – Tutorial
- Step 1 – Install the latest version of PixInsight.
- Step 2 – Download Version 2 of StarNet.
- Step 3 – Transfer the Files to the Correct PixInsight Folders.
- Step 4 – Launch PixInsight and Import StarNet 2.
- Step 5 – Use StarNet 2 on your Images!
- Final Thoughts.
Is dithering necessary astrophotography?
Astro Photography Tool (APT for short) can communicate with various guiding programs and devices to monitor your autoguiding performance. This communication between the camera capture software and your devices is necessary to provide dithering.
What does dithering mean in photography?
In astrophotography, to dither means to shift the pointing of the telescope slightly in random directions between exposures. This allows hot and cold pixels, cosmic ray artifacts, and fixed pattern noise, and even satellite or airplane trails to be removed during the stacking process.
How do you use the clone stamp on Pixinsight?
Well-known member First click on the reset button this will allow you to edit the parameters by moving the sliders. Then use the control + left click to select a part of the image you are cloning from. When you move the mouse to the object you want to paint over you should see a line stretch from where you are cloning.
How do you fix bloat stars in Pixinsight?
How much does PixInsight cost?
260 USD approximately
As of updating this FAQ entry (April 2016), the price of a commercial PixInsight license is 260 USD approximately.
How do I run Starnet ++?
- Register and stack your data.
- Process your image with stars intact.
- Run the image through StarNet++
- Enhance the deep-sky object in the starless image.
- Paste the starless image on top of the original as a new layer.
- Select the stars in your original image using a mask.