Can InDesign generate an Index?
To begin creating an index for your project, open your InDesign document, go to Window>Type & Tables>Index, and click Select Reference.
How do you create an Index for a book in InDesign?
Add an index entry
- Using the Type tool , place the insertion point where you want the index marker to appear, or select text in the document to use as the basis for an index reference.
- Choose Window > Type & Tables > Index to display the Index panel.
- Select Reference.
What is an Index marker in InDesign?
InDesign inserts a marker in text for items such as index entries, XML tags, and hyperlink text and anchors. These markers have no width and they don’t affect composition of text. However, you can select these markers and cut, copy, or delete them.
How do I change the Index in InDesign?
In the Index panel, click the Update Preview button on the Index panel to update the preview area in the Index panel after a change in the document.
How do I create an Index in Adobe?
Create an index for a collection (Acrobat Pro)
- Choose Tools > Index.
- In the secondary toolbar, click Full Text Index With Catalog.
- In the Catalog dialog box, click New Index.
- In Index Title, type a name for the index file.
- In Index Description, type a few words about the type of index or its purpose.
How do you use index markers?
Using Index Markers
- Click where you want to insert the marker. or.
- From the Special menu, choose Marker Figure 13.27). Figure 13.27 Choose Special > Marker.
- In the Marker window, from the Marker Type menu, choose Index (Figure 13.28).
- In the Marker Text box, edit or add the text for the index entry.
- Click New Marker.
How do you insert an index?
Click where you want to add the index. On the References tab, in the Index group, click Insert Index. In the Index dialog box, you can choose the format for text entries, page numbers, tabs, and leader characters.
How do you make a clickable table of contents in Indesign?
To do this, select the TOC text frame in your layout, then choose Table of Contents from the Layout menu. Continue to make edits in this dialog box, including changes to the title, included paragraph styles, and various options, then click OK. The selected text frame will update with your new settings.
Can you create a table of contents in PDF?
Select the “General” tab in the “Table Of Contents Settings” dialog. Choose to create either internal or external table of contents. Select the “Insert table of contents as …” option to insert table of contents into existing PDF document (internal TOC) and specify a page number where to insert new pages.