How do you write convincing VA statements in support of claim?
The VA Disability Advocate
- List the Name of the VA Disability You’re Claiming in the First Section of the VA Form 21-4138.
- Explain the Approximate Timeframe Your VA Disability Began Along with Why It Should Be Service Connected (or Why Your VA Rating Should Be Increased for Conditions Already Service Connected)
How do I upload supporting documents to Ebenefits?
Under the “Upload Documents” tab, select “Manage Files”. Upload the documents. If you have an appointed Veterans Service Officer, your representative will be able to check your claim and make sure you have all the required documents.
How do I submit new evidence to the VA?
Contact your local VA office for assistance or visit VA.gov/decision-reviews/get-help/. Call the White House Hotline: 1-855–948-2311. In choosing this option, you’re adding new evidence that supports your case or identifying new evidence for review.
How do I send documents to Social Security electronically?
- Step 1: Select “Upload New File” Once inside an electronic folder, upload new documents by selecting the Upload New File button.
- Step 2: Attach Files. You may submit up to 25 files.
- Step 3: Select Document Type.
- Step 4: Attach Additional Files.
- Step 5: Submit Files.
- Step 6: Confirmation.
What is a VA Form 4138?
Use VA Form 21-4138 when you want to submit a VA “buddy statement” or other statement from someone with firsthand knowledge of information you believe will help support your request for VA benefits.
What does the VA consider new evidence?
New evidence is simply that – new! It cannot be information that is already in your VA records. This means it is not evidence you have previously provided to VA, or evidence that we have already legally acquired on your behalf (such as military Service Treatment Records or private medical records).
Do VA Buddy letters need to be notarized?
Buddy statements can be submitted on VA Form 21-4138 (Statement in Support of Claim). If the statement is not written on this form, it must be notarized and include this sentence at the end of the letter: “I certify that my statements are true and correct to the best of my knowledge and belief.”