What events took place in 2005?
Chronology of news events in 2005
- A mudslide in La Conchita, Calif., crushes homes and kills 10 residents.
- Army Spc.
- Cancer passes heart disease as top killer of Americans age 85 and younger.
- Helicopter crash in Iraq kills 31 U.S. Marines.
- New England Patriots win third Super Bowl in four years.
What was big 2005?
Here are the top grossing movies of the year:
- 1: “Star Wars: Episode III – Revenge of the Sith”
- 2: “The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe”
- 3: “Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire”
- 4: “War of the Worlds”
- 5: “King Kong”
- 6: “Wedding Crashers”
- 7: “Charlie and the Chocolate Factory”
What major news stories were circulating in 2005?
- The Sudanese government and Southern rebels sign a peace agreement to end a 20-year civil war that has claimed the lives of two million people (Jan.
- The Syrian military, stationed in Lebanon for 29 years, withdraws (April 26).
- London hit by Islamic terrorist bombings, killing 52 and wounding about 700.
What happened in the UK in 2005?
7 July – A series of co-ordinated terrorist bombings strike London’s public transport system during the morning rush hour. Three bombs exploded within fifty seconds of each other on three London Underground trains. A fourth bomb exploded on a bus an hour later in Tavistock Square.
What was the news in 2005?
President Askar Akayev flees the country and then resigns (April 4). Pope John Paul II Dies (April 2). Benedict XVI becomes the next pope (April 24). Tony Blair becomes first Labour Party prime minister to win three successive terms, but his party loses a large number of seats in the elections (May 5).
What is 2005 known for?
2005 was designated as the International Year for Sport and Physical Education and the International Year of Microcredit. 2005 was also the end of the International Decade of the World’s Indigenous People (1995–2005).
Which party was in power in the year 2005?
29 January – The Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP)-led government in Goa headed by Manohar Parrikar is reduced to a minority after four BJP MLAs resign from the 40-member house.
What celebrities are born in 2005?
Birth Date between 2005-01-01 and 2005-12-31 (Sorted by Popularity Ascending)
- Tamara Smart. Actress | The Worst Witch.
- Dafne Keen. Actress | Logan.
- Lulu Wilson. Actress | Modern Love.
- Noah Jupe. Actor | Honey Boy.
- Sunny Suljic. Actor | Mid90s.
- Lola Flanery. Actress | Home Again.
- Ella Anderson.
- Maxwell Jenkins.
Who was the first person born in 2005?
Malachi is a name of Hebrew origin, and it means an angel. an angel, born to them strong and healthy in the early morning hours of New Year’s day. Malachi was born at Cameron Memorial Community Hospital on Saturday at 6:31 a.m. He weighed in at 7 pounds, 4 ounces, and was 20 1/4 inches long.
What was the biggest news story in 2005?
Hurricane Katrina wreaks catastrophic damage on the Gulf coast; more than 1,000 die and millions are left homeless.
What is the importance of 2005?