What is Chacchoben Mayan ruins?
Chacchoben (chak-CHO-ben; Maya for “the place of red corn”) is a Maya ruin approximately 110 mi (177 km) south of Tulum and 7 mi (11 km) from the village from which it derives its name. Chacchoben. Maya Site. Chacchoben. Location on the Yucatán Peninsula in Mexico.
Is Chacchoben open?
The site is open from 8:00am-5:00pm, Monday thru Sunday. It is important to note; cruise ships docked at the Costa Maya Port in Mahahual include Chacchoben in their excursions.
What is Chacchoben known for?
Chacchoben, Place of the Red Corn in Yucatec Maya, is a nicely restored archaeological zone. The graceful curved lines of the pyramids are a notable feature here, an aspect of Peten style architecture. It was a regional center that had probable associations with Dzibanche, and other smaller nearby sites.
How far is Chacchoben Mayan ruins from cruise port?
An approximately 15 minute walk from the cruise ship pier.
Which is the best Mayan ruin to visit?
12 Best Mayan Ruins in Mexico
- Chichén Itzá El Castillo, Chichen Itza.
- Tulum. Tulum ruins on the beach.
- Coba. The Mayan Nohoch Mul pyramid in Coba.
- Palenque. Temple of the Inscriptions, Palenque.
- Calakmul. Calakmul.
- Bonampak. Painted walls in Bonampak.
- Ek’ Balam. Jaguar mouth on the Acropolis, Ek’ Balam.
What is the best Mayan ruin to visit in Cancun?
Chichén Itzá By far the most famous Mayan ruins in Mexico, Chichén Itzá is a pretty popular day trip for travelers staying in Cancun.
Where are the best Mayan ruins located?
Read more: 7 of Mexico’s best ruins, and how you can see them.
- Tulum, Mexico. Tulum, Mexico.
- Copan, Honduras. Copan, Honduras.
- Tikal, Guatemala. Tikal, Guatemala.
- Xunantunich, Belize. Xunantunich, Belize.
- Palenque, Mexico. Palenque, Mexico.
What resort is closest to Mayan ruins?
Where to stay near Tulum Mayan Ruins?
- Conrad Tulum Riviera Maya.
- Akumal Bay Beach & Wellness Resort – All Inclusive.
- Bahia Principe Grand Coba – All Inclusive.
- Hotel Muare Tulum.
- Secrets Aura Cozumel – Adults Only – All Inclusive.
- Barceló Maya Riviera – Adults Only – All Inclusive.
- Iberostar Cozumel All Inclusive.
What happened to the girl who climbed the pyramid?
As climbing the pyramid is prohibited, the woman was placed in the custody of municipal police. A bizarre scene played out recently at an ancient World Heritage site that left hundreds of tourists baffled.