How do you win an egg drop experiment?
There are three basic ways to increase the likelihood of safely dropping an egg:
- Slow down the descent speed.
- Cushion the egg so that something other than the egg itself absorbs the impact of landing.
- Orient the egg so that it lands on the strongest part of the shell.
What will make an egg not break when dropped?
To drop an egg without breaking it, wrap the egg in wet paper towels and place it in a plastic bag of puff rice cereal. Fill 4 small bags with puffed cereal too, then put all the bags into 1 large container. You can also wrap the egg in packing material, like bubble wrap, packing peanuts, or inflated plastic packets.
What are good materials for an egg drop?
- Raw egg, or other payload that needs protecting.
- Container, like a cardboard tube, cup, box, etc.
- External protection materials, like balloons, rubber bands, craft sticks, straws, etc.
- Internal padding, like fabric, packing materials, paper, etc.
- Pen or pencil.
Are straws good for egg drop?
One thing we noticed was when the egg dropped to the ground, the side that landed on the ground was on 3 straws with the same length sticking out the 3 vertexes. This makes the connecting straws parallel to the ground. These parallel straws must have hit the egg hard.
What is the best solution to figure out the highest floor from which an egg can be dropped without breaking it?
Simplest answer The simplest way to obtain the minimal floor is to throw an egg from the first floor, then from the second and so on. This way when the egg is finally broken then we will know that this is the floor.
How do you drop an egg without breaking it using straws and tape?
Students can make a crate from straws and rubber bands for this experiment. Loosely wrap a rubber band around the egg. Gently stack the straws upright between the rubber band and the egg. Do this around the entire egg to create a crate.
How can you drop 2 eggs the fewest amount of times without them breaking?
Answers. Easy. This is done on any floor, the highest or the lowest. Simply drop the egg from one inch above your foot and it will not break.
What are some good egg drop project designs?
– Use more straws to create a protective shield around the egg. – Hold the straws in place with tape and glue. – Place the egg in the straw basket. – Cover the top with straws and ribbons. – Use some more tape to go over the basket to provide additional strength to hold the egg inside. – Test your device and make adjustments accordingly.
How to build an egg drop project?
Build a shape around the egg with the straws. Hold the straws in place with tape. Add padding between the straws and the egg. Another way to use straws is to design a framework that suspends the egg during the drop. The frame absorbs the shock, preventing the egg from coming in contact with the surface. 00:00.
What is the best egg drop idea?
When the mice population drops, as it does seasonally, the owls then eat the eggs of the ashy storm petrel pounds of pellets laced with a rodenticide called brodifacoum and air-drop the load onto the island, a lethal last supper for the unsuspecting
What is the best Egg Drop design?
Place one heavy rock in the bottom of one styrofoam cup.