How do I find drivers for unknown devices in Windows 7?
On Windows 7, press Windows Key + R, type devmgmt. msc into the Run dialog, and press Enter. The Device Manager can also be accessed from the Control Panel or with a search from your Start menu or Start screen. You’ll find unknown devices and other non-functioning devices under Other devices.
How do I get drivers for my unknown device?
How to Download Drivers for an Unknown Device in Windows 10?
- Open Device Manager.
- Right-click Unknown device and click Update Driver Software.
- Select the ‘Search automatically for updated driver software’ option, then Windows will install the new driver automatically.
How do I change my unspecified device?
- Log on to Windows as “Administrator.”
- Click [Start] > [Devices and Printers].
- Right-click on the driver for your machine under “Unspecified,” and click [Properties].
- Click the [Hardware] tab, and double-click the name of the machine being used.
Why is my printer coming up as unspecified?
A printer connected to a Windows 10 PC shows up under the “unspecified” section in Devices and Printers. Printers show up under “unspecified” when Windows cannot associate an appropriate driver. If you have recently installed the driver, simply rebooting your PC can resolve the unspecified status.
What does it mean when a device is unspecified?
A device is placed into an unspecified category when Windows cannot identify or find a driver for that hardware. In this case, if you see the Printer showing as an Unspecified device in Windows 11 or Windows 10 computer, then this post will help you resolve it.
How do I set up an unspecified printer in Windows 7?
Windows 7 – USB
- Connect the machine to the computer using the USB cable.
- Click [Devices and Printers] from the [Start] menu.
- In [Unspecified], double-click the name of the machine whose driver you want to install.
- Click the [Hardware] tab in the printer properties dialog box.
What does unspecified device mean?
A device is placed into an unspecified category when Windows cannot identify or find a driver for that hardware.
How do I get my printer out of unspecified?
How to stop my printer from showing as Unspecified device?
- Run the Windows Troubleshooter. Type Troubleshoot in the Windows search box > click Troubleshoot in the search results.
- Update the printer driver. Press the Windows logo key + R on your keyboard > type devmgmt.
- Remove and then install the printer.
- Update Windows.
How do I enable hidden devices in Device Manager Windows 7?
For Windows 8 and later: From Start, search for device manager, and select Device Manager from the search results. Troubleshoot the devices and drivers in Device Manager. Note Click Show hidden devices on the View menu in Device Manager before you can see devices that are not connected to the computer.
What kind of operating system does the HP 6730b have?
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit) Hp 6730b win.7 pro 64 bit Unknown device on Microsoft ACPI-Compliant System code 28 Unkown device on pci-bus code 28
Does the HP dv7-2170us support Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit?
I have a dv7-2170us laptop. I performed a clean install with Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit. I used the drivers for this laptop model from the HP site. I’m getting a few unknown devices in Device Manager.
Why can’t I find any drivers for my HP product?
Try manually selecting your operating system. If your operating system is not listed then HP may not provide driver support for your product with that operating system. We were unable to find any drivers for your product.